Quickstart - Overview¶
This guide shows you how to install Hummingbot and start running a market making bot in approximately 10 minutes. You'll learn how to:
- Install the open source Hummingbot client (~3 minutes)
- Configure a market making bot (~5 minutes)
- Run the bot in paper trading mode (~2 minutes)
What you'll need¶
Since we'll be running the bot in paper trading mode, you don't need any crypto inventory. However, you will need an account with one of our supported exchanges to create API keys.
If you are installing Hummingbot either locally or on a cloud server, here are the recommended minimum system requirements:
- Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- MacOS: macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) or later
- Windows: Windows 10 or later
To grant Hummingbot access to your assets, you will need to enter the exchange API keys during the Hummingbot configuration process.
For more information on how to get the API keys for each exchange, please see the individual exchange pages in Connectors.
Ready to get started? Proceed to the first step: Install Hummingbot