Balancer is an automated portfolio manager, liquidity provider, and price sensor. In other words, a decentralized finance protocol based on Ethereum allows automatic market-making.
- Ethereum wallet (refer to our guide here)
- Ethereum node (refer to our guide here)
- Hummingbot Gateway (done after connecting to Balancer)
- Some ETH in wallet for gas
- Inventory on both base and quote assets for the connectors
Connecting to Balancer¶
When creating Hummingbot Gateway, it picks up the Ethereum settings in the global config file, which we can set up in the Hummingbot client.
- Run the command
connect ethereumin the Hummingbot client
- Enter your wallet private key
- Enter Ethereum node address (starts with https://)
- Enter the WebSocket connection address of your Ethereum node (starts with wss://)
Install Hummingbot Gateway¶
After adding your Ethereum wallet and node in Hummingbot, follow the guide in the link below on how to install Hummingbot Gateway.
For setting up gas estimator, you can check our ETH Gas Station for more info