Uniswap is a protocol on Ethereum for swapping ERC20 tokens. Unlike most exchanges, which are designed to take fees, Uniswap is designed to function as a public good — a tool for the community to trade tokens without platform fees or middlemen.
- Ethereum wallet (refer to our guide here)
- Ethereum node (refer to our guide here)
- Hummingbot Gateway (done after connecting to Uniswap)
- Some ETH in wallet for gas
- Inventory on both base and quote assets for the connectors
Connecting to Uniswap¶
When creating Hummingbot Gateway, it picks up the Ethereum settings in the global config file, which we can set up in the Hummingbot client.
- Run the command
connect ethereumin the Hummingbot client
- Enter your wallet private key
- Enter Ethereum node address (starts with https://)
- Enter the WebSocket connection address of your Ethereum node (starts with wss://)
Install Hummingbot Gateway¶
After adding your Ethereum wallet and node in Hummingbot, follow the guide in the link below on how to install Hummingbot Gateway.