Release Notes - Version 0.5.0¶
hummingbot version 0.5.0! In this release, we focused on fixing bugs, building transaction costs into exchange connectors, and adding more documentation. Below are the most significant updates:
💸 Arbitrage strategy now incorporates exchange-specific transaction costs¶
As requested by many users, we have codified exchange-specific transaction costs such as trading fees and gas costs (for decentralized exchanges) into each exchange connector.
This allowed us to incorporate fee/gas logic into the arbitrage strategy, so that users can set a
min_profitability parameter that is net of exchange transaction costs. Please note that we will be testing this feature heavily this sprint, and that issues may arise as a result of this change.
We plan to add this to the cross-exchange market making strategy in the next release.
💻 Improved CLI commands¶
We added and improved a number of the commands in the Hummingbot command line interface:
status: we revamped the output of the
statuscommand to be more consistent across strategies and to provide more granular information
list configs: this command now lists the value for each configuration parameter
config [parameter name]: this command, which allows users to change bot parameters without exiting Hummingbot, now supports tab auto-complete, which makes changing parameters much easier
export_private_key: this new command allows you to export a wallet created/imported in Hummingbot to other applications
📝 New docs for strategies, debug console, known issues, etc¶
New documentation in this release includes:
- Strategies: diagrams and explanations of Hummingbot's strategies
- Debug console: how to use the debug console to inspect your bot in real-time
- Known issues: list of currently outstanding issues and their resolution status
- Windows installation: how to install Hummingbot on Windows
- Exchange rates: how to use the exchange rates utility class to resolve price differences between stablecoins
- Wallet import/export: how to import and export Ethereum wallets
🐞 Bug fixes and miscellaneous updates¶
We fixed a number of bugs in this release. Thanks 🙏 all the bug reporters who took part in our bug bounty program!
- Fixed a bug in which Coinbase Pro orders were failing due to overly high precision in the order amount field (bug bounty recipient)
- Fixed an bug in which the bug prints excessive
Maker order size must be greater than 0log messages (bug bounty recipient)
- Resolved an issue that prevented installation in Virtual Box for Windows due to file permissions (bug bounty recipient)
- Resolved an issue in which running Hummingbot using Infura nodes causes intermittent
Error fetching logs from block with filterslog messages
- Fixed a bug that causes duplicate orders in DDEX in certain cases
- Fixed a bug in which Radar Relay orders could be incorrectly sorted, causing unexpected bot behavior
- Fixed a bug in which the log file was not being generated after installing from source
- Fixed a bug in which Hummingbot incorrectly warned users of arbitrage bots that their wallet/exchanges balances were 0.
- Fixed a bug in which a temporary lack of order book volume triggers
Volume beyond order book deptherrors
- Hummingbot no longer prompts users for their Ethereum wallet even when only trading on centralized exchanges
- Removed legacy
config not foundwarnings when starting Hummingbot
- Hummingbot now logs the expected hedge price when it creates and adjusts orders when running the cross-exchange market making strategy