Install on Cloud Platforms¶
hummingbot as a long running service can be achieved with the help of cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure.
Setup a new VM instance on Google Cloud Platform¶
- Navigate to the Google Cloud Platform console
- Create an instance of Compute Instance
- Select “New VM Instance”, then pick
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Click on "SSH" to SSH into the newly created VM instance
Setup a new VM instance on Amazon Web Services¶
- Navigate to the AWS Management Console
- Click on "Launch a Virtual Machine"
Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS (HVM)
- Click on "Review and Launch", and then "Launch"
- Select “create a new key pair”, name the key pair (e.g. hummingbot), download key pair, and then click on “Launch Instances”.
Click on “View Instances”
To connect to the instance from the terminal, click on “Connect” and then follow the instructions on the resulting page.
Setup a new VM instance on Microsoft Azure¶
- Navigate to the Virtual Machines console.
- Click on the "Add" button in the top-left corner.
- Choose a name for the resource group and for the VM itself.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTSfor the image type and
Standard D2s v3for the size.
- Under "Administrator Account", choose password and select a username and password.
- Under "Inbound Port Rules", select SSH and HTTP.
- Scroll up to the top and click on "Management" tab.
- Choose a valid name for your diagnostics storage account.
- Go to the "Review and Create" tab, click on "Create".
- While your VM is being created, download and install PuTTY for your OS.
- After your VM has been initialized, copy the public IP address.
- Open the PuTTY app and paste the IP address into the host name, then open.
Install Docker on Ubuntu (or refer to Docker official instructions)¶
- Update the apt package index
sudo apt-get update
- Install packages to allow apt to use a repository over HTTPS
1 2 3 4 5 6
sudo apt-get install \ apt-transport-https \ ca-certificates \ curl \ gnupg-agent \ software-properties-common
- Add Docker’s official GPG key
1 2 3 4
curl -fsSL https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-key fingerprint 0EBFCD88 sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu \ $(lsb_release -cs) stable edge test"
- Do another apt-get update
sudo apt-get update
- Install Docker
sudo apt-get install docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io
- Change sudo permissions for docker
sudo usermod -a -G docker $USER
Install Hummingbot from Docker¶
- Run the following command
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
export NAME=myhummingbot export TAG=latest sudo docker run -it \ --name $NAME \ -v "$PWD"/conf/:/conf/ \ -v "$PWD"/logs/:/logs/ \ coinalpha/hummingbot:$TAG
- After docker completion installed, you’ll see the following screen, where Hummingbot successfully starts
Start market making!