Setup a Cloud Server¶
Using Hummingbot as a long running service can be achieved with the help of cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure. You may read our blog about running Hummingbot on different cloud providers.
As of version 0.28.0 installing Docker takes up around 500 MB of storage space and 4 GB for Hummingbot Docker image. We tested to install and run Hummingbot on these free to lowest machine types.
|Provider||Instance Type||Instance Details|
|Google Cloud Platform||g1-small||1 vCPU, 1.7 GB memory|
|Amazon Web Services||t2.micro||1 vCPU, 1 GB memory|
|Microsoft Azure||Standard_D2s_v3||2 vCPU, 8 GB memory|
These instances are pre-loaded with system files that takes up around 1.2 GB so we recommend having at least 8 GB of storage space in your cloud server.
Exception for celo-arb strategy
Running a Celo Arbitrage strategy requires a minimum of
t2.medium AWS instance type for improved performance.
Below, we show you how to set up a new Virtual Machine Instance on each major cloud platform.
Google Cloud Platform¶
- Log in to your Google account at https://console.cloud.google.com/
- From the navigation menu, go to Computer Engine then VM instances
- Change boot disk to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- You can modify the storage disk space according to preference in the same page
- When the instance is created, click SSH to connect to the cloud instance
Amazon Web Services¶
- Log in to your AWS account at https://aws.amazon.com/console/
- From the EC2 Dashboard, click Launch Instance
- Search and select "Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS (HVM)"
- To modify the storage disk space, click Add Storage or you can skip this step
- Click Review and Launch
- Select Create a new key pair if you don't have one yet or Choose an existing key pair then click Launch Instance
Other helpful resources¶
- Log in to your Microsoft account at https://portal.azure.com/
- Go to Virtual Machines and click Add or Create virtual machine
- Fill out all required fields
- Select Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS for Image
- Select Size to Standard_D2s_v3 - 2 vcpus, 8 GiB memory (lowest recommended size by image publisher)
- For Authentication type drop-down you can use either your SSH public key or set a password instead when connecting
- To modify the storage disk space, click Next : Disks > or skip this step
- Click Review + create to create VM instance